13.Britannia Rues the Waves Andrew Neil Britain's merchant navy seldom grabs the headlines these days; it is almost a forgotten industry. Yet shipping is the essential lifeline for the nation's economy. Ninety-nine percent of our trade in and out of

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(300) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 上

A 卷 参考答案: Part A Passage 1: 澳大利亚是一个异常美丽的国家。这是世界上最小的大陆,但也是世界上最大的岛屿。 游客在这里可以观赏到各种地形风貌,

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 高级口译真题及答案

United States President Donald Trump repeated his America First message in a speech Friday to the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. 美国总统川普周五在瑞士达沃斯举行的世界经济论坛上发表讲话时再次重申了他的美

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(一)月

By Peter Heinlein Pop icon Ricky Martin has gone to the United Nations to appeal for global action to protect children from sexual predators. The singer perhaps best known for his hit song Livin' La V

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--文化艺术

One World Trade Center Observatory Opens to Public 世界贸易中心天文台对公众开放 NEW YORK From New Jersey to Long Island, from Northern suburbs to the Atlantic Ocean, with all of New York City in-between. That view became available to th

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Fridays are awesome. We have one more left in the school year and our show will resume on August 17th. First up, a significant legal ruling. It concerns President Obama's executive action on immigration. He announced it last November. The action woul

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2015年6月

The development of the digital economy and advancements of new technology are expected to bring more opportunities to small and medium enterprises, or SMEs, through globalization on an electronic world trade platform. (Abbreviated version of audio re

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Stephen Perry, Chairman of the 48 Group Club, is pictured in Beijing on May 13, 2017 before attending the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation. [Photo: China Plus/Victor Ning] An expert on China-UK relations said the Belt and Road initia

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Part I Warming up Tape-script: A. 1. British Aerospace plans to buy the part of General Electric Company of Britain that makes defense electronics. The deal is worth $25,000,000,000. 2. Canada will hold a meeting of American leaders in April to discu

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 Step by Step2000

A 卷 参考答案: Part A Passage 1: 中国的低税收、低工资、大市场以及稳定的政治与社会环境吸引了越来越多的海外投 资者。贵公司欲与我们建立一种长期合作

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 高级口译真题及答案

Ladies and gentlemen, we are at an historic juncture. Trade liberalization and economic growth is a permanent goal for all of us as WTO Members. While I acknowledge that in some parts of the world this goal is seen as a threat rather than an opportun

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲

THE PRESIDENT: Klaus, thank you very much. Thanks for inviting me. Klaus said, it's about time you showed up. Proud to be here. Laura and I are so honored that, Klaus, you gave us a chance to come. I do want to thank President Mubarak and Mrs. Mubara

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. (Applause.) Sawatdee khrab. (Laughter and applause.) Thank you for the warm welcome. Laura and I are delighted to be back in Bangkok. Such a beautiful city, full of gracious and hospitable people. We appreciate the warm wel

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Please be seated. Henrietta, thank you for the kind introduction. I am honored to join you all today to express America's solidarity with those who yearn for liberty around the world. Captive Nations Week was first observed

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

EXPLORATIONS -September 11, 2002: Reaction to September 11 By Mario Ritter VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, EXPLORATIONS. One

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. One year ago, the United States financial system was in danger of collapse. One of Wall Street's oldest investment houses had just sought protection from its creditors. The Lehman Brothers bankruptcy

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(九)月

The president has expanded an advisory committee on stimulating business abroad, and says his administration's efforts to boost the exports of U.S. goods and business around the world are off to a solid start. American exports grew almost 17 percent

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Thursday, August 8th, 2013. Welcome to the Beijing Hour, coming to you live from the Chinese capital. Coming up on our program this evening. Provincial authorities in Hubei have issued a high-temperature warning, with some cities expected to see temp

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线

The Beijing Hour Morning Edition Paul James with you on this Wednesday, July 24th, 2013. Welcome to the Beijing Hour, coming to you live from the Chinese capital. Coming up on our program this morning... Psychological councilling is now being offered

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(175) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线

Jean Curley《Love Revolution》:华丽女声浅笑吟唱 出生于美国Madison的Jean Curley,十岁就开始作词作曲,极具音乐天赋,在2012年8月发行新专辑《love revolution》,带来了一场音乐的盛宴。梦幻钢琴的伴

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲